Monday 7 November 2011

DX2200 Upgrade Guide

Limitations of Upgrading your HP DX2200

Via Trial and error I have tested various parts in my DX2200 and now I shall share the findings.

The HP guide is very acuarte for the DX2200 and can be found here. (Quick Specs)

The fastest processor avaiable for the DX2200 is:

LinkDual Core: Intel Pentium D 925 Dual Core Processor

Single Core (HT): Intel Pentium 4 541 Processor

64 bit Support on DX2200

Some of the high end processors do support 64 bit

A bit noisey?

The DX2200 processor fan is a bit noisey and this may annoy some people I have swaped mine for a Arctic Cooling F8 , which is nice and quiet, the psu fan is nice a quiet so does need swaping out.

Memory

really is only upgradable to 2 GB on the DX2200 which a bit odd. I have tried 2 x 2GB DIMMs and they don't work . . .

Solid State Drive

Being the first PC I have owned with SATA, finally means I can use a SSD, which I would recommend over all other upgrades. The DX2200 boots in a snap and pauses are a thing of the past.

Futher Info

DX2200 CPU Upgrade Info 1

DX2200 CPU Upgrade Info 2

Adverts

Environmental Consultants

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave question they will get answered! But no spam please I will delete it. :-(