Tuesday 30 July 2019

Belkin MIXIT 6600mah Battery Pack Won't Charge Fully

Belkin MIXIT 6600mah Battery Pack Won't Charge Fully


I have noticed that my Belkin MIXIT 6600mah Battery Pack will only charge to about half way, with only two of the green indicator lights illuminating. This is rather vexing.

FIX: Use a charger rated at 2.4A. 


I have tried numerous leads and numerous wall powered chargers, and computer USB sockets, but I get the same result.

I began to think that the fix might be to use a more powerful (amps) charger. Most wall chargers are 1A (Amp) , with some around 1.5A. Most USB of laptops etc are also around this level.

The spec sheet for the Belkin MIXIT 6600mah Battery Pack says that it requires  2.4A, but I would not have thought the Amperage of the charger would make a difference.  . . . .

The huge battery on my ebike, can be charged using a 2A charger or a 5 amp charger. Its just takes longer with a lower power charger. The voltage is important but that doesn't change.

The Belkin MIXIT 6600mah Battery Pack should take around 3 hours to charge from empty, if you are using a 2.4A charger. If a 1.0A charger is used then around 7 hours.

When I leave mine of charger for 48 hours it is still only half full.

Zero Carbon Consultants

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave question they will get answered! But no spam please I will delete it. :-(