Saturday 4 July 2020

Noggins / Noggings & Floor Joists (Strutting)

Noggins / Noggings & Floor Joists (Strutting)


In the UK, my 77 year father calls the strutting between floor joists "noggins" this is also spelt noggings in some circumstances. Trying to search for spacing for noggins, is tricky. You may have more luck with "strutting"


So I found the below table on NHBC Campaigns Website , which gives spacings fro strutting as follows:


I also found NHBC Standard PDF which give the same table:


As the below  image shows for me I needed a row of noggins or strutting in the centre of joists only. If you are using joist hangers however, you will perhaps need a row of noggins down each side. This is not always the case, but you may wish to check with building inspector, or building regs plans issuer. 


noise management plan

construction environmental management plan


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave question they will get answered! But no spam please I will delete it. :-(