Wednesday 2 November 2022

TMARS 419L Mechanical Dropper Seatpost - Review

Introduction

The TMARS 419L Mechanical Dropper is a cheap Mechanical Dropper Seatpost. I purchased one about a year ago, and although it worked OK, I returned it as it was an annoying bit of kit. 

The thing works. But it does not go up and down very much, and owing to he design, it can mean that you can no longer drop you saddle low enough, this inability to lower the saddle far enough is just as annoying whether the post is extended or lowered. 

Unfortunately I returned it without taking any pictures so this review is stock images only. Sorry

TMARS 419L Mechanical Dropper

Good Points 

The seat post is cheap, and it works. It takes a bit of getting used to. 

Lowering to Saddle 

In short you have to depress the remote lever, which allows you body weight to push down (drop) the saddle. 

Raising the Saddle 

When you raise the saddle, you have to keep weight on the saddle whilst against pressing he remote lever. The return spring is very strong. If you press the remote lever whilst hovering over the saddle "wham" it will shoot up and hit you in the crotch. 

These points are not bad. Its just how the thing works. 

Bad Points

There were three points for me that meant that I did not keep this TMARS Mechanical Dropper seat post:

1 - Minimum Height 

On my bike if I drop the standard seatpost all the way down, I am happy. I can get back over the rear wheel, and all is well. But I I use the TMARS 419L Mechanical Dropper, i found that now my saddle (at minimum height) is 3 inches higher, because of the various collars, and wires and clamps between telescopic section and top of seat tube. 

Clamps and Cable Fitting Prevent Full Lowering 

2 - Maximum Height 

Conversely it also means that if you currently use less than 120mm on a stand seatpost, then your saddle will be too high when this seatpost in fully extended.

3 - Side to Side Play

The seatpost has a lot of side to side play. The nose of the saddle will move approx 5 - 8mm in either direction. This is an annoying sensation.

Phosphate Credits



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave question they will get answered! But no spam please I will delete it. :-(