Thursday 24 May 2012

Nvidia Quadro NVS 280 Windows 7 Drivers Compatability

Quadro NVS 280 Windows 7 Drivers Compatibility

Please find here a list of things you may want to try to get your Quadro NVS NVidia Card working with Windows 7.

FIRST OFF TRY THESE DRIVERS

Windows Vista (Windows 7) Driver for NVidia Quadro 280 / 55 NVS - Type 1

Windows Vista (Windows 7) Driver for NVidia Quadro 280 / 55 NVS - Type 2

I have not tried these drivers but from various articles and forum posts I am lead to believe they may work.

SECOND TRY THESE ADJUSTMENTS

There are not any Windows 7 drivers for the Nvidia Quadro NVS 280. That being said I think I have discovered a work round via various googlings which I will now share with you.

I have tired this method and it did not work for my setup, but it may work for you.

I have bundled together the things you will need in a zip file, link below:

Quadro NVS 280 Windows 7 Drivers

Quadro NVS 280 Windows 7 Drivers - The Work Around1 - Down load the latest drivers for the Nvidia Quadro NVS 280 which are 96.85 will will also need the the modified ".inf" file, both of these things are in the bundle above.
2 - Unzip the package and ten double click the driver package, if it tries to install cancel this, as we need to replace the ".inf" file in the driver directory.

3- Go to where the driver files have been unzipped something like:



In the "96.85" file you will see the the below file



Replace it with the file from the folder you just downloaded, of the same name, it will ask if you want to overwrite, say yes.

Then you need to go to:



Scroll Down until you get to the below section:



Right click on each of the applications (file type) and choose properties > compatibility (tab)



Change compatibility mode to vista, provided you have installed the above drivers. It may work for XP drivers as well , but I havn't tried.

This may the crashes and freezes.

The first half of this info comes from here:

technet.microsoft.com

and the main man in this instance is MikeD68

LAST OFF GO FOR GRAPHICS CARD UPGRADE

Despite the above tinkering my (apart from the drivers at the top of the page) my PC was still not working, I am sorry to say that due to time constraints I had to buy in a different graphics card, an NVS 285, which is compatable with Windows 7 and works on PCIe slots.

Please please please post if you have a solution, I hate wasting perfectly good hardware.

Desktop Study

Sustainability Consultants

Compliance Consultants


Flood Risk

1 comment:

  1. no problem I am gald you found the post on Nvidia Quadro NVS 280 Windows 7 Drivers Compatability informative. Good luck with you studies.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave question they will get answered! But no spam please I will delete it. :-(