Thursday 28 November 2019

Barbour Bede Wellington Boots - Review

Barbour Bede Wellington Boots - Review


This a a long term (10 year) review of Barbour Wellington Boots, of which I am now on my third pair. I purchased by first pair around 2010, and the latest pair arrived yesterday November 2019.


Here are my new Barbour Bede Wellington Boots. they are navy blue, and are just what I expected. I like Barbour Bede Wellington Boots, because they fit a wide foot well, do not have a very high heel like a lot of the fancier boots available, and they are very bendy. 

Here are there three pairs I have which are 10, 4 and Zero Years Old Respectively. The 10 year old boots I still wear although they are not water proof any more, as they are so comfy.


The inside lining is what lets these boots downs, as after a few years of daily use your heel will wear a hole in the lining at the back of the boot, resulting in you sock coming in to direct contact with high friction rubber. Much rubbing will ensue, and perhaps a blister. 


Looking at a 10 year old Barbour Bede Wellington Boots, with perhaps 5 years of regular use, we will see that the rubber is perished. And this one has a hole in it. 


The soles are very hard wearing. The grip on the front quite unidirectional, but its good. 


On two pairs I have had the in lining is the thing that wears through, and renders boot useless.  You can just see the cloth coming away in this picture. Its a shame because teh 4 year old boots are still perfect in all other respects.



 The 4 year old boots, I think are made from a less flexible rubber than the 10 year old and new boots. I would suggest the more flexible rubber is better and makes for a comfier foot.


An attempt in above picture to show difference in flexibility between 4 year old and new wellies. The Barbour Bede Wellington Boots with the more flexiable rubber are better. This is anot choice to make, I think they must have changed the rubber recipe a few years ago and then changed it back. 



A picture above showing perishing on 10 year old boots, not surprisingly really.  I muself am more "perished" than I was when I bought these boots!

To conclude: Best pair of boot you can get for under £60, although I got these for £48 posted. I have tried moire expensive boots from the likes of Le Chameau but these I prefer. They have lots of room for tucking trousers inside the leg, don't have a wedge heel and come in three different colours.

When this new pair wear out I will get another pair. That is an indication of my high regard for these Barbour Bede Wellington Boots.

WATCH A VIDEO: 

 


Flood Risk Assessment London 

3 comments:

  1. Where do you get them from for £48 posted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am afraid I can't remember it was a few years ago now. Mole Valley Farmers do them for £49+VAT, that is best I can find!

      Delete
  2. I ordered pair of Barbour Mens Bede Winter Waterproof Wellington Snow Rain Mid Calf Boots - Navy - 7 ASIN: B01448AZ80 via Amazon, delivered a few days later.
    After only 3 months of use walking in fields and woodland paths the soles show substantial wear and one sole has perforated making the boots unwearable. These boots replaced a pair of Hunter wellingtons used for the same purpose for several years before wearing out.Totally unfit for purpose. Replaced by Dunlop boots at a fifth of the price that have already outlasted the Barbour.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave question they will get answered! But no spam please I will delete it. :-(