Wednesday 22 April 2020

Windows - How to Install - npm install -g firebase-tools

Windows - How to Install - npm install -g firebase-tools


If you are trying to use Firebase for web hosting then the first real obstacle (as a noob) you will come up against is running:

npm install -g firebase-tools
My immediate questions were:


  • Where do I type in this command?
  • Do I need to type in this command?
  • Can I use a web app?
In short I was left with little idea of how to begin, or whether the suggested way was the easiest. I will try to explain what is going on in layman's terms:

The above commands are run in windows command prompt after you have downloaded some bits of code and stored them on you computer. 

The instruction you need are all in the guidance documents, but these were not dumbed done enough for me. . . . 

Step 1 - Run a DOS Box Program to Put Some Files you Need on your PC


Install the above program (Firebase CLI), it is very basic, and resembles a DOS window. Let the program run. My setup returned some errors, but it didn't seem to affect onward progress. 


Close the windows when program has stopped running. 

Step 2 - Run this New Program

So now you have installed firebase tools, you can open command prompt and (search: cmd) and type in the command: 

npm install -g firebase-tools

Now you can use command prompt, to run any number of tools, to set up web hosting on google firebase. Just type "firebase XXXXX"




Scientific Web Content

Google Maps Ranking

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave question they will get answered! But no spam please I will delete it. :-(