Monday 24 January 2022

Top 5 Paid Shooting Games - iPhone & iPad

Top 5 Paid Shooting Games - iPhone & iPad

I am old fashioned. I like to buy things upfront.  

Why Paid Games

Take Pixel Gun 3D for example. Pixel Gun 3D is stuffed with in-app purchase options. I download this every Christmas, and play multiplayer with my kids. It is a great game, I love that it isn't too gory. And that the weapons are fun and very varietous. 


Pixel Gun 3D is a great game, but when playing I am never sure whether I am winning because I am good at the game. Or because my equipment is better than other people. I also find that sometimes I am playing just to win coins. 

So perhaps owing to my addictive personality I find I play these in-app purchase driven "free" games impulsive and as such with less enjoyment. 

So without further ado, I present my top 5 list of paid for first person shooter games, on IOS: iPad and iPhone. 

1 - Doom 2 - ID Games - $4.99

For the price of a weapons expansion pack in most "free" apps. You can get Doom 2. This is a raycasting type first person shooter. Its one annoyance is that you cannot look up and down. 

The game has a limited but characterful set of weapons, but where is really stands out is the level architecture. You really have to navigate through the levels. 


It is basic yes. And by today's standards the sprites are a blocky. And there are only 10 different weapons in total. But I find I can pick this game up, play a level in 5 to 10 minutes, and enjoy the experience. So I would give it a go. for sure!

2 - Zombieville USA 2 - $0.99

This game must be the best value game of all time. Although quite gory, the cartoon like graphics give it a certain child like warmth. You cab change characters during the game, and equip each character with different weapons sets.  You can purchase different guns and other weapons using money earnt in the game. The money earnt during each session is generous, so you can soon get a full set of weapons. 


As well as weapons to but, you can also upgrade each weapon. And in addition there are "skill sets" that can be purchased, such as "Full Auto" that improves performance of all automatic weapons or, "Body Armour" which increases health. 

In game play, you can carry 3 weapons, a nice touch is that you can use each weapon with its own button. Which make switching very easy. 

This is one of the best games I have played in ages. Twin Uzis. That's all I'm going to say. 

3 - Space Marshals - $4.99

Will update this when I have played some more. 

4 - EPOCH.2 - $0.99

This game, is quite novel. Whilst most of the games in this list use control layout not dissimilar to hand held consoles (virtual buttons), the system by which you control your robot in this game is I think made for touch screen, with swiping, and tapping on targets. 


This game is based on the Unreal Engine. Which I have also enjoyed in the past as even on shoddy hardware the movement is always nice and smooth.

Whilst I enjoyed this unusual control system, it does distract from the connection that you feel to your character. You can only go where the game let you go. Can I jump over a gap and tackle enemy face to face. . . no I must wait until I am allowed to.

The graphics are very atmospheric, and there are some cool effects that you can use, such as a slow motion effect, where the game speed slows right down, yet you character remains at normal speed. This way you can engage with some of the more ferocious enemies without getting hit. 

For $0.99 this is a bargain.

5 - Hitman Sniper - $0.99

This game I did not find such good fun. And really my including it here shows how limited the choice of paid for apps has become. This game also includes in-app purchases. 


The game is quite atmospheric, and I enjoyed this aspect of it. But the very nature of creeping around shooting people in the vital organs and brains, does not fill me with any kind of positive thoughts. I like a bit of escapism in my gaming and this did not provide it. 

Environmental Consultants London

Flood Risk Assessment London

Preliminary Ecological Appraisal 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave question they will get answered! But no spam please I will delete it. :-(